Design-Nation is a membership network and portfolio that comprises a rich and diverse pool of highly skilled designers and makers from across the UK.
With a commitment to developing and championing creative talent at every stage of career, we are delighted to announce an extended range of opportunities for members as we celebrate our 20th anniversary.
The package of benefits is bigger than ever before and includes new projects, initiatives and opportunities alongside core membership benefits as detailed below. It’s a great time to apply to join!
Membership application deadlines are 1st February and 1st August, however there is still time to apply for the February selection as our panel are meeting to assess applications at the end of the month. Applications will be accepted up until noon on Monday 24 February, contact [email protected] for an application form.
Benefits of Membership
At Design-Nation we deliver a UK wide programme that encourages ambition and excellence and empowers designers and makers to build and grow a sustainable creative practice.
Design-Nation members benefit from a core range of creative and business support, including:
- Brand accreditation as a selected member
- Profile and exposure through our online portfolio
- Ongoing promotion through our newsletter, blog and social media
- Critical feedback and professional development advice
- Specialist targeted support via a diagnostic action plan
- Group exhibition opportunities at UK trade and retail fairs
- Major exhibition opportunities at London Craft Week, London Design Festival and Decorex International
- Exhibition and retail opportunities at The National Centre for Craft & Design (Design-Nation’s home)
- Touring exhibitions
- Invitations to networking and membership events
- Up to date information on UK craft and design opportunities and news
To mark Design-Nation’s 20th anniversary this year, we are launching a number of new initiatives and opportunities:
- ‘20 members 20 products’ project
- Talent development programme – new graduate programme, membership taster days, study & industry days, events, talks, lectures, awards, new digital resource hub (coming soon), targeted support programmes for new start-ups, emerging and established members
- Enhanced membership programme – access to different levels of business support to give you the specialist tools, knowledge and skills required to build and grow a successful and sustainable creative business
- Cluster hubs – connect with likeminded members in your area and collaborate on creative development projects, exhibitions and events
- Partnership projects – Design-Nation will be working with a range of industry partners to bring you opportunities to collaborate and innovate to develop your product and grow your professional practice.
For any queries regarding membership please contact Hayley Banks, Membership Manager: [email protected]