Membership Selection & Costs
Who Do We Support?
Our members are UK-based designers and makers, both individuals and small companies and partnerships, who are producing exceptional craft, design and product, from contemporary interpretations of traditional craft to cutting-edge experimentation and collaboration.
Qualifying craft, design and product categories are:
Architectural product (3D), Ceramics, Furniture, Glass, Jewellery, Lighting, Metal, Mixed Media, Paper, Surface Design & Print, Textiles: fashion, Textiles: interiors & Wood
Membership applications should demonstrate:
– deep knowledge of your craft, materials and processes
– active commitment and passion to developing your creative and business practice
– understanding and consideration of the wider contemporary design and craft market and your voice and position within this
– understanding of how Design-Nation can support the development of your practice
– understanding of how you can support the development of Design-Nation.
Our selection panel also use the following criteria to assess applications:
– Quality of work and craftsmanship
– Innovative thinking and/or problem solving
– Entrepreneurial business approach
– Quality of images and presentation of work
– Collaborations and connections with the wider sector
– What Design-Nation membership would give to the business.
Membership costs in 2020
Membership costs £120 + VAT per year, payable on selection. (We invoice selected candidates and there is an option to pay in installments.)
There is a one-off administration fee of £20 + VAT payable on submission of your application.
Graduate membership costs £40 + VAT per year.
Additional costs may apply for some talent development exhibition and project opportunities.
Apply today – application packs with full instructions can be downloaded from our main Membership page. The deadlines are 1 February, May, August & November each year.