Design-Nation is a membership network and portfolio that comprises a rich and diverse pool of highly skilled designers and makers, including some of the most acclaimed and innovative designers and craftspeople in the UK. In collaboration with partners, champions and investors, Design-Nation’s aim is to strengthen business and creative development opportunities for the contemporary design and craft sector.
Read on to discover our programme, how and who we select as members, costs, and how to apply.
With a national and international profile, activity programme and bespoke package of support and opportunities, Design-Nation is committed to developing creative talent at every stage of career – be it graduate, emerging or established practice. We offer a lively and frequently updated programme of activities.
* Regional Cluster Hubs across the UK, to connect members together by city, county and region and to support self-led activities (e.g. creative challenges, residencies, exhibitions)
* A Buddy Scheme
* Up-to-date news, business support, opportunities and networking delivered through private online groups and fortnightly bulletins
* Extensive subsidised training through live and recorded webinars on subjects that include social media, photography, website building, effective speaking, confidence building, targeted marketing and sales delivered by expert providers (Emma Wainer, Gabrielle Treanor, R&A Collaborations, Ridgway Marketing, The Design Trust, Yeshen Venema)
* Tailored critical feedback and professional development through individual diagnostic action plans
* Connections to industry and micro-manufacturing
* For Graduate Members, access to our tailored mentoring programme, special pop-ups and exhibitions.
Find out what our members say about our programme.
There are several Membership categories, more detail here.
Our members are UK-based designers and makers, both individuals and small companies and partnerships, who are producing exceptional work. Details of who can apply for membership, our selection process and criteria, and costs are here.
You can download our information packs here:
For recent graduates of BA and MA courses: Graduate Information pack 2020
For more established designers and makers seeking full membership: Membership Information pack 2020-21